Apr 11, 2017United Fresh announces nominations for board positions
United Fresh Immediate Past Chairman Brian W. Kocher, president and CEO of Castellini Company, has announced the slate of new officers and directors nominated to serve on the United Fresh Produce Association board of directors, effective at its April 26, meeting in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
Ascending to chairman of the board is Susan Reimer-Sifford, director, produce & bakery purchasing & distribution for Darden. Nominated as chairman-elect is Cindy Jewell, vice president of marketing, California Giant Berry Farms. Nominated as secretary-treasurer is Danny Dumas, vice president N.A. sales & product management, Del Monte Fresh Produce. Current United Fresh Chairman of the Board Tony Freytag, senior vice president, sales & marketing, for Crunch Pak, will move to the position of immediate past chairman on the board and the executive committee.
The following industry representatives have been nominated to serve as new members of the United Fresh board for a two-year term beginning April 2017:
- Jeff Cady, director of produce & floral, Tops Friendly Markets
- Jerry Callahan, group vice president, produce and floral, Albertsons Companies
- Michael Castagnetto, vice president, global sourcing, Robinson Fresh
- Chris Ciruli, chief operations officer, Ciruli Brothers
- Michael Cochran, merchandise manager, produce, Walmart Stores
- Mark Girardin, president, North Bay Produce
- Christian Harris, vice president fresh produce, US Foods
- Jim Hay, North America regional business director, DuPont Crop Protection
- Brian Jenny, vice president/GM – value added fresh, Naturipe Farms
- Drew McDonald, VP quality, food safety, & regulatory, Church Brothers Farms
- Phil Muir, president & CEO, Muir Copper Canyon Farms
- Mark Munger, vice president, sales & marketing, 4Earth Farms
- Raina Nelson, vice president of sales, Renaissance Food Group
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, CEO, Seald Sweet International/Greenyard USA
Current board members nominated to new positions of service on market segment boards and councils include:
- Chairman, Retail-Foodservice Board – Shannon Arias, program lead, distribution, Chick-fil-A
- Chairman, Wholesaler Distributor Board – Jackie Caplan Wiggins, vice president and COO, Frieda’s
- Vice Chairman, Wholesaler Distributor Board – Tom Brugato, president/chief operating officer, Pacific Coast Fruit Company
For a full list of officers of market segment boards and councils that will continue their service or conclude their service, visit www.unitedfresh.org.