Mar 13, 2018Nominations accepted for ‘Women in Produce’ event
Each year, the Reception Honoring Women in Produce recognizes the contributions of all women working in the produce industry, and selects one individual to share their personal experience of service. This year marks the 21st anniversary of the event.
The honoree is selected from nominations submitted by United Fresh members across the industry. Nominations are evaluated based on the candidate’s involvement in the industry, contributions to the industry, and inspiration for others working in the industry.
“This reception is one of the most inspirational events at our convention and I’m honored to have been present for each ceremony over the past 21 years,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “Celebrating the contributions from all women in our industry is the focus of this gathering and I invite everyone to join me at the annual Reception Honoring Women in Produce in Chicago.”
The 2018 honoree will join a distinguished group of women including:
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions, Inc.
- Tonya Antle, Organic Produce Network
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
- Karen Caplan, Frieda’s, Inc.
- Margaret D’Arrigo Martin, Margaret, Inc.
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Lorelei, DiSogra, United Fresh Produce Association
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle, Inc.
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Company
- Julie Krivanek, Krivanek Consulting Inc.
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.
- Teri Miller, The Fresh Market
- Dr. Martha Rhodes-Roberts, Roberts Associates
- Steffanie Smith, Andrew Smith Company
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International/Greenyard USA
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Company
Nominations for the 2018 honoree are now being accepted until April 2, 2018. Tickets for the Reception Honoring Women in Produce are required, and are included in the United Fresh 2018 All Access Package. To register for the event, visit www.unitedfreshshow.org.
To nominate, visit the Reception Honoring Women in Produce page here: www.unitedfreshshow.org. For more information about the nomination process or the reception, contact United Fresh Vice President of Member Services, Miriam Wolk at [email protected] or 202-303-3410.