Aug 15, 2019United Fresh names co-chairs of 2020 convention and expo
With a commitment to continue growing value for both exhibitors and attendees, four leaders from different segments across the industry have committed to co-chair the United Fresh 2020 Convention & Expo Committee. The event will take place June 16-19, 2020 in San Diego, California. The 2020 Convention Committee co-chairs include:
- Paul Kneeland, Executive Director, Fresh Foods, Gelson’s Markets
- Abby Prior, Vice President of Marketing, BrightFarms
- Matt Roy, Senior Director, Produce, US Foods
- Ben Zamore, Director of International Sales & Service, Atlas Pacific Engineering Co.
“We’re grateful to have such a strong team to lead our 2020 Convention Committee,” said United Fresh President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “Each individual brings a unique value and energy to the committee, whether as a produce buyer, grower-shipper, or equipment and service provider. Their leadership, and the expertise of the entire committee, are sure to make our 2020 show a great opportunity for industry growth and success.”
The United Fresh 2020 Convention & Expo Committee includes 30 members representing an international mix of wholesale, retail and foodservice buyers, grower-shippers, fresh-cut processors and service providers across the industry.
“I’m excited to see the United Fresh Convention come to San Diego,” said Kneeland. “This is a great convention city, with all hotels close to the convention center overlooking the beautiful San Diego waterfront. This is ideal setting for the strong education and business-to-business networking that we’ve come to expect from the United Fresh show.”
“One of the unique values of the United Fresh show is its focus on innovative new technology, equipment and services for the industry in the FreshTEC section of the show, as well as the FutureTEC pavilion highlighting start-up companies,” said Zamore. “As a supplier to the fresh processing sector, I’m committed to growing this part of the show to serve our customers throughout the produce supply chain.”
“BrightFarms is a relatively new player on the produce scene but our rapid growth reflects the excitement about how controlled-environment growing can meet the demand for local produce, sustainability and consumer value,” Prior said. “Our sector has become a major part of the United Fresh show attracting new retail customers, but also allowing us to find new indoor technologies to help grow our businesses.”
“My excitement about United Fresh 2020 is twofold,” said Roy. “I participated in the first Partner X-Change B2B matchmaking event last year, and found great value in meeting with new companies that I might be able to do business with. And as a graduate of the United Fresh Leadership Program, I can’t wait to celebrate the program’s 25th anniversary in San Diego together with more than 250 fellow alumni who are now leading their companies, associations and commodity groups across the industry.”
“Due to the success of our reimagined convention this past June, I’m pleased that exhibit renewals have surpassed 80%, with more than a dozen new exhibitors already signed up,” Stenzel said. “I encourage exhibiting companies to put San Diego 2020 in their budgets now, and sign up soon for the best space.”
“Many of the enhancements from the 2019 show that surprised attendees and allowed for innovative new networking and business opportunities will continue in 2020, including the Produce X-Change B2B matchmaking program, the United Fresh “late-night” Party at the San Diego House of Blues, and our annual Opening Party aboard the USS Midway Aircraft Carrier that promises a memorable kick-off to the 2020 show,” Stenzel said.
For more information about exhibiting at United Fresh 2020, contact United Fresh’s Vice President of Convention & Industry Collaboration John Toner, at [email protected] or 202-303-3424.
Founded in 1904, the United Fresh Produce Association brings together companies across every segment of the fresh produce supply chain, including growers, shippers, fresh-cut processors, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, foodservice operators, industry suppliers and allied associations. We empower industry leaders to shape sound government policy. We deliver the resources and expertise companies need to succeed in managing complex business and technical issues. We provide the training and development individuals need to advance their careers in produce. Through these endeavors, we unite our industry with a common purpose – to build long-term value for our members and grow produce consumption.
United Fresh 2020 Convention & Expo Committee Roster
- Paul Kneeland (Co-Chair), Executive Director, Fresh Foods, Gelson’s Markets
- Abby Prior (Co-Chair), Vice President of Marketing, BrightFarms
- Matt Roy (Co-Chair), Senior Director, Produce, US Foods
- Ben Zamore (Co-Chair), Director, International Sales & Service, Atlas Pacific Engineering
- Nelia Alamo, Vice President of Communications, Renaissance Food Group
- Larry Brown, EVP, Sales and Purchasing, Coastal Sunbelt Produce
- David Bruggen, General Manager, Camposol Fresh USA
- Jackie Caplan Wiggins, Vice President and COO, Frieda’s
- Karen Caruso, Market Development Manager, Zespri Kiwifruit
- Michael Castagnetto, Vice President, Global Sourcing, Robinson Fresh
- Greg Corrigan, Corrigan Consulting
- Julie DeWolf, Director of Retail Marketing, Sunkist Growers
- Todd Eagan, Berries Buyer, Costco Wholesale
- Richard Gonzales, Vice President Global Produce Sourcing, Walmart Stores
- Sarah Grady, Manager, U.S. Strategic Supply Chain, McDonald’s
- Roger Harkrider, Director of Produce, Meijer
- Cindy A. Jewell, Vice President of Marketing, California Giant Berry Farms
- Douglas Kling, CEO/Managing Partner, Kling Strategic Partners, LLC
- Andrew Maiman, President, Mastronardi BerryWorld America
- Lisa McNeece, Vice President, Foodservice and Industrial Sales, Grimmway Enterprises.
- Mark Munger, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, 4Earth Farms
- Lisa Overman, Director of Brand Marketing, Dole Food Co.
- Susan Reimer-Sifford, Fresh Connect LLC
- Michael Spinazzola, President, Diversified Restaurant Systems
- Sean Stolarik, Category Sales Manager, Big Y Foods, Inc.
- Lisa Strube, Director of Finance & Administration, Strube Celery & Vegetable Co.
- Chris Veillon, Chief Marketing Officer, Pure Hothouse Foods Inc.
- Amalia Zimmerman-Lommel, Director of Social Responsibility, Andrew & Williamson Fresh Produce