Feb 23, 2018Agricultural Worker Protection Standard Guide available
The 2015 revised Agricultural Worker Protection Standard (WPS) is complex, so this guide breaks it up into bite-sized chunks and sorts information by user types to tailor the learning experience for workers, handlers, employers, and more. This WPS Compliance Assistance Library is web-based guide to help people on farms, orchards, and other agricultural establishments comply with the WPS.
Answers to your questions:
- Protections for Workers
- Protections for Handlers
- Exceptions and Exemptions
- Posting Warning Signs
- Respiratory Protection Guide
- Hazard Communication
- Training Requirements
- Decontamination Requirements
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Application Exclusion Zone (AEZ)
- What are my responsibilities as an agricultural employer?
- What are my responsibilities as a commercial pesticide handler employer?
- What are my responsibilities as a trainer of workers?
- What are my responsibilities as a trainer of handlers?
- What are my responsibilities as a labor contractor?
- What are my responsibilities as a crop adviser?
- What are my responsibilities as a worker?
- What are my responsibilities as a handler?
The material and content has been reviewed by federal regulators, farmworker advocacy organizations, university experts, and state agriculture officials. However, users are cautioned not to rely on any one resource for compliance information. Please refer to the official “How-to-Comply” Manual and the regulation, then contact your state regulatory agency with questions regarding compliance with the WPS.
If you have any questions about navigating the WPS-Compliance Assistance Library, please direct them to PERC at [email protected].