Nov 3, 202120th annual Pesticide CEU Conference set for Pecos County, Texas
The Pecos County, Texas, Annual Pesticide CEU Conference is set for Nov. 16 in Fort Stockton.
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service event has been held for the last 20 years.
The conference will be at the Pecos County Civic Center at 1618 Airport Drive. It will start with on-site registration at 7:30 a.m., with the event from 8 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
The cost is $25. An RSVP and payment are requested by Nov. 10 by mail. Checks should be made payable to Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Pecos County and mailed to P.O. Box 1357, Fort Stockton, TX, 79735.
Five Texas Department of Agriculture, TDA, continuing education units are available for private and non-commercial pesticide applicators – three general, one integrated pest management and one laws and regulations.
“This workshop offers an opportunity for producers, landowners, ag industry workers, and city and county employees to come earn CEUs from expert speakers with the latest information and presentations – all while getting a good meal,” said Payton Keifer, AgriLife Extension agent for Pecos County.
Topics and speakers
The program will include the following topics and speakers:
– Weed Management Strategies – Reagan Noland, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension agronomist, San Angelo.
– Herbicide Brush Control Strategies – Morgan Treadwell, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension rangeland specialist, San Angelo.
– Pest Management Strategies for Pecans – Joel Arce, AgriLife Extension integrated pest management agent, El Paso.
– Pesticide Laws and Regulations – Debbie Slocum, TDA assistant regional director, Lubbock.
– Landscape Management Practices – Zan Matthies, Ph.D., Alldredge Gardens certified arborist, Midland.
There will also be two chemical presentations. Speakers are Tyler Bowen, range and pasture specialist, Corteva Agriscience, Trans-Pecos region, and Daniel Mielke, Bayer area sales manager for range and pasture, Boerne.