Dec 16, 2021Ceres Imaging integrates in-field soil moisture probes, aerial insights
Ceres Imaging, a precision irrigation company that helps farmers build more profitable and more sustainable operations, has announced that it will offer soil moisture probes as part of its precision irrigation subscription service to growers in the state of California.
As part of this offering, Ceres Imaging will provide a worry-free installation and will recommend the optimal number and location of probes, given the field variability measured by Ceres’ aerial insights. Additionally, Ceres Imaging will extend its expert in-season support to include insights from the moisture probes – as well as monitor probe uptime and perform any needed repairs and maintenance within four days. Growers will be able to view the probe data within the Ceres Imaging app, saving time and providing richer context for irrigation decision making.
“While we now integrate with most leading in field sensor brands, we believe there is a sizable segment of growers who want more than just data integrations. By offering a complete end-to-end sensor solution, Ceres is making purchasing and getting value from in-field sensors easy,” Ashwin Madgavkar, CEO and founder at Ceres Imaging, said in a news release.
The new offering from Ceres includes:
- Installation services, using Ceres’ proprietary aerial insights to recommend the optimal number and location of probes
- Aquaspy 48-inch soil moisture probes including humidity, temperature and water pressure sensors
- Ongoing in-season recommendations from Ceres’ team of grower consultants
- Monitoring of sensor uptime and servicing of issues within four days
- Water Demand Maps, providing an intuitive, “at-a-glance” reference to guide irrigation scheduling decisions backed by Kc values from Ceres’ high resolution aerial data.
“Especially when water is scarce, getting the full picture is critical for better irrigation decisions. We think bringing together the above ground and below ground perspective will help growers take action with confidence,” said Bruce Moeller, AquaSpy CEO.
Key benefits to growers include:
- Easier process to buy, install and maintain soil moisture probes.
- Better irrigation decisions to improve uniformity and put water where it’s needed most.
- Faster decision making, by seeing sensor information and imagery all in one place.
- More value from sensors, by leveraging Ceres Imaging’s team of grower consultants to get more from your soil moisture sensors data.
At Ceres Imaging, we believe the future of agriculture depends on providing farmers with the right tools – to cover more ground, make the most of their resources, and apply their skill and experience where it’s needed most. That’s why we’re building precision irrigation solutions that help farmers build more profitable and more sustainable operations. By combining in field sensors with advanced analytics and high-resolution aerial imagery, we provide the full picture of crop health.
For more information, visit ceresimaging.net.