Feb 20, 2018Sunions, the ‘tearless’ onions, hit select store shelves
Newly-released Sunions are now available on store shelves in select markets, according to a news release from the brand.
The “tearless” onions can be found in Texas, California, Washington, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Utah and New York and will be available until March or April, depending on supply.
Marketed as breakthrough product that won’t cause cooks to tear up, Sunions are a sweet, crunchy onion. and consistently delicious flavor. Sunions are not a genetically modified product and were grown through an all-natural cross-breeding program by Bayer CropScience over the course of three decades.
Grown in Nevada and Washington, Sunions growers follow a tightly-controlled brand promise that must certify them both tearless and sweet, according to the brand. Only then are Sunions allowed to ship to grocery stores.
Sunions are now available in the following cities and grocery stores:
- Austin, TX at H-E-B
- San Antonio, TX at H-E-B
- Los Angeles, CA at Gelson’s
- Seattle, WA at QFC and Fred Meyer
- Portland, OR at QFC, Fred Meyer and New Seasons
- Pittsburgh, PA at Giant Eagle
- Cleveland, OH at Giant Eagle and Marc’s
- Buffalo, NY at Tops
- Rochester, NY at Tops
- Salt Lake City, UT at Macey’s, Dan’s, Fresh Market, Lin’s, Dick’s Harmon’s, Clark’s, Ridley’s and Terrell’s
- Chicago, IL at Jewel-Osco
- Atlanta, GA at Publix
- Jacksonville, FL at Publix
- Lakeland, FL at Publix
- Miami, FL at Publix
- Orlando, FL at Publix
- Lubbock, TX at Market Street
- Oklahoma City, OK at Homeland & Harp’s
- Omaha, NE at Select B&R Stores
- NE and IA at Russ’s Market, Super Saver, Apple Market and Save Best
- AZ at Bashas
For more information, please visit www.iheartsunions.com.
Above: Photo courtesy of Sunions