Dec 11, 2020USDA names National Watermelon Promotion Board appointments
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has announced the appointment of nine members to serve on the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
Appointees will serve three-year terms from Jan. 1, 2021, to Dec. 31, 2023.
Members newly appointed or reappointed are:
- District 1 Producer: Kyler Bishop, Punta Gorda, Fla.
- District 1 Producer: Chad Chastain, Punta Gorda, Fla.
- District 1 Handler: Stephen R. Nichols, Lakeland, Fla.
- District 1 Handler: Rob Gibson, Vero Beach, Fla.
- Importer: Matthew N. Tanner, Pompano Beach, Fla.
- Importer: Christopher M. Dyer, Mission, Texas
- Importer: Christian Murillo, Nogales, Ariz.
- Importer: Jeff Fawcett, Edinburg, Texas
- Public Member: Craig A. Stokes, San Antonio.
The National Watermelon Promotion Board now has 30 members composed of 10 producers, 10 handlers, nine importers and one public member. Approximately one-third of the board members are appointed each year. Members can serve up to two consecutive three-year terms.
More information about the National Watermelon Promotion Board, including a roster of members, is available on the Agricultural Marketing Service National Watermelon Promotion Board webpage and on the board’s website at www.watermelon.org.