Nov 8, 2022Western Growers elects board, honors John Harris
Western Growers recognized John Harris with its 2022 Award of Honor and elected new members to its board of directors during its annual meeting in Las Vegas.
The meeting, Nov. 2-5, included an award ceremony at which Harris, CEO of Harris Farm Group, (including Harris Fresh and the Harris Farms Thoroughbred Division) was recognized for his involvement in the industry and Western Growers. He has served on the Western Growers board for 11 years.
David Zanze, president of Pinnacle Claims Management, was also recognized for his 38-year tenure at the company in advance of his retirement.
New board members elected
Elected board members will serve a 2-year term, which starts this month. The newly elected members are:
- D-1 All Arizona except Yuma County – Steve Martori, Martori Farms
- D-2 Yuma County (Arizona) – Craig Alameda, Topflavor Farms Inc.; Robert Barkley, Barkley Ag Enterprises LLC
- D-4 Imperial County and Blythe – Lawrence Cox, Coastline Family Farms; J.P. LaBrucherie, LaBrucherie Produce
- D-5 Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego Counties – A.G. Kawamura, Orange County Produce
- D-6 Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo – George Adam, Innovative Produce; John Jackson, Beachside Produce LLC; Craig Reade, Bonipak Produce Co.; Ryan Talley, Talley Farms
- D-7 North San Joaquin and Northern California – Stephen Danna Jr., Danna Farms Inc.; Ronald Ratto, Ratto Bros Inc.
- D-8 Ventura County – Stephen Barnard, Mission Produce Inc.; George Boskovich III, Boskovich Farms Inc.; Thomas Deardorff II, Deardorff Family Farms
- D-9 Kern County – Catherine Fanucchi, Tri-Fanucchi Farms Inc.; Bob Giragosian, Kern Ridge Growers LLC; Brandon Grimm, Grimmway Farms; Kyle Richardson, Garry Richardson Farms; Rob Yraceburu, Wonderful Orchards
- D-10 Watsonville, Gilroy, Hollister, Santa Cruz – Dominic Muzzi Jr., Muzzi Family Farms LLC;
- Eric Reiter, Reiter Affiliated Cos.
- D-11 Monterey County – Chad Amaral, D’Arrigo Bros. of California; Bardin Bengard, Bengard Ranch Inc.;
- Rodney Braga, Braga Fresh Family Farms; David Gill, Rio Farms; Tom Nunes V, The Nunes Co. Inc.; Bruce Taylor, Taylor Farms California Inc.
- D-12 East San Joaquin Valley – Brian Bertelsen, Cove Ranch Management; Carol Chandler, Chandler Farms; Harold McClarty, The HMC Group Marketing Inc.; Thomas Mulholland, Mulholland Citrus
- D-13 Riverside and San Bernardino – Albert Keck, Hadley Date Gardens Inc.; John Powell Jr., Peter Rabbit Farms
- D-14 West San Joaquin Valley – Stephen F. Patricio, Westside Produce; Stuart Woolf, Woolf Enterprises
- Affiliated Directors – Sonny Rodriguez, The Growers Co. Inc.; Bruce Talbott, Talbott’s Mountain Gold
- Directors at Large – Alexandra Allen, Main Street Produce; Kevin Andrew, Vanguard International; Edwin Camp, D.M. Camp & Sons; Tim Escamilla, Dole Fresh Vegetables; Jack Vessey, Vessey & Co.; Mike Way, Prime Time International