Mar 26, 2020Services continue from Penn State Extension during COVID-19 outbreak
For over 150 years, Penn State Extension has fulfilled its mission of delivering science-based education to Pennsylvania communities. We will not waiver on that promise during this challenging time. Our services continue. We are, however, adjusting our delivery of programs and services in order to protect the health of extension personnel and the public.
In accordance with Governor Wolf’s guidance, here’s how we are restricted:
- Extension office spaces have closed in all 67 counties.
- Face-to-face events have been canceled through May 15.
- Educators are limiting in-person contact.
This is how we are flexing to safely deliver the science-based information you need:
- We will come to you.
- Extension educators and faculty will continue to conduct on-property visits and research, while following disease-control guidelines to minimize risk.
- Consults by phone and online.
- County office webpages, found on the Penn State Extension website, contain a directory with contact information for individual educators and staff members who can answer questions and direct you to the information you need.
- Expanding online resources.
- The website features a wealth of educational content – such as articles, videos, webinars, and online courses – that can be accessed in a variety of formats anytime, anywhere. Through these resources, you can connect with experts on specific topic areas as well as authors of the content. Our educators and faculty members are quickly intensifying online learning opportunities, such as webinars, to offset limitations on face-to-face learning.
We are here. We are ready to serve you.
Be on the lookout for new information and invitations to exciting opportunities in the coming days and weeks. In the meantime, feel free to visit our website to connect or to access our online learning resources or call 1-877-345-0691 for assistance.