Jul 12, 2022Cornell’s AgriTech research center celebrates 140th anniversary
Cornell AgriTech, a preeminent center for food and agricultural research in Geneva, N.Y., will celebrate its 140th anniversary with an open house to showcase its impact on New York’s food and agricultural industries.
The center will be open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Aug. 13.
Audiences of all ages are invited to enjoy a variety of interactive science related activities at the event to learn about the important role science plays in New York food and agricultural products. Audiences at the event will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Look through a high powered microscope at New York crop diseases.
- Check out some creepy crawly insects and learn about their biology.
- Discover how food and craft beverage companies produce products deliciously and safely through Cornell AgriTech expertise and innovation.
- Find out how researchers develop new apple, grape and vegetable varieties.
- Peruse the many weeds growing in our area and get some tips and tricks on how to manage them.
- Explore the many unique ways to grow vegetables.
- See some of the tractors we use in our research farm operations.
- Watch researchers operate drones and robots used to analyze crop health.
Cornell AgriTech’s open house is open to audiences of all ages. Parking is available at Jordan Hall at 630 North St. Geneva, NY. No registration is required.